CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Starting over and Anna's Birthday
















Okay so it has been almost a year sinced I have posted. I am such a slacker... Bad mommy, bad mommy.



Now that that is over, what is going on in our crazy life..... So very much. We will start with her birthday go forward and occassional flashback.


Anna turned two. Her party was jungle safari. My mom made the most adorable dress. I found the fabric online. Anna looked so beautiful. But such a big girl....

The night before she turned two, I watched her "Gotcha video" Our first few minutes as mommy and daughter. It brought back so many memmories. I forgot that she was asleep when I came in. I had to wake her up. In my mind I always remembered a care giver holding her. Oh and she patted me the first time I snuggled in close. No tears at all. Only smiles and cooo's. I sat down on the floor in the baby's room and just held her and talked to her and she just cooo'ed right back. 13lb little baby all sweet and cooing.

Flash forward 18months to this big girl who talks all the time and flutters from one thing to another. Nothing peaceful about her unless she is sleeping the rest of the time she is like a little humming bird going a mile a minute.



SoI am making my baby girl's birthday cake. I decided that I would be making her cakes until she asked me for a store bought cake. Anyway, I had these grand plans. I used 4 cake mixes and made this multi layer cake. 6 cakes. It was looking good. All iced and ready for the decorating. 3 hours later, I go back in and it has slid. I needed to put dowels in and I didn't. I put it back together, doweled it up and reiced as best I could. Not as beautiful as I hoped, but not bad. The next day I blew up 40 balloons to decorate the yard. It was so hot that by the time the guests arrived only 10 balloons were left. It had started to rain, so the outside party moved inside. Crazy day but Anna loved it. She loved being the center of attention, of having all the people she loves there, and of course the PRESENTS.... She talked about that day for weeks. Seriously weeks. I will post the photos tomorrow. Then you can tell me how beautiful my daughter is, how my cake wasn't as bad as I thougth it was...

By the way one of her most favorite presents was a coloring board of a Care Bare.... It was the first present, she wanted to color not open the remaining presents.

The only thing I would have changed, is having more of her friends there. So definately a 9 out of 10

0 comments: